Thursday, February 7, 2013

Life Continued

Hello everyone!
 I am welcoming myself back to the world now since I have been on and off sick for over a month. I am doing everything in my power to stay healthy now! From the flu to joint pain I am ready to move on. Making work has been a slow start but it is finally coming, and the excitement is coming back!

On to the good news! I was published for the first time in Ceramics Monthly, in the current February issue! I had an image accepted into the book 500 prints on clay last year and it will be in print next month! Get your copy now for 50% off at Barnes and Nobles.
This breathtaking entry in the highly successful 500 Ceramics series ventures into the hottest area of modern ceramics: image transfer on clay. Juried by the renowned artist and teacher Paul Andrew Wandless, it showcases a visually intriguing collection of contemporary work in this rapidly evolving field. The featured pieces include silkscreen; newspaper, tissue, and digital ink transfer; stencils and more, printed on everything from earthenware and porcelain to stoneware and vitreous china. 

Tonight I have a closing reception for Recent Arrivals: Department of Art First Year Graduate Student Exhibition! I will post photos soon.

In January Ben Carter headed to Columbus to film a video and do a workshop for Ceramics Arts Daily/Potters Council/Ceramics Monthly. He was able to spare a day and come visit Ohio State University Ceramics. He provided wonderful entertainment, a great lecture, and a demo! Thank you Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment