Saturday, November 24, 2012

30 days project: day 20

day 20: weightless

I have been thinking for this past semester about the moment of weightlessness. It is those moments that I long for. When I was young those moments were easy to get to but now I find it a challenge. Here is my exploration. After you view my exploration think about when you have felt weightless?

I would like you to participate in this blog post by submitting a comment or picture of your body in weightlessness. You can respond directly on the blog or email me at gard.26@osu.edu

young and weightless.
Thank you Bob Biddlestone for sharing your weightless photo.
As I was working on some readings for my seminar class I came across the article Teaching and Learning as Art Forms: Fluxus Experience by Hannah Higgins. It referenced Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences. I have been thinking about this theory recently and its connection to my work with the body and movement. When learning about this theory for the first time in undergraduate school I remember the clarity of mind in knowing that I was a kinesthetic learner. The chapter stated that "through bodily-kinesthetic intelligence, we solve problems using our body." I believe this is what I am doing in my studio practice.
                           

I also stumbled across this today and I couldn't help but share.
What if money didn't matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment