Monday, November 26, 2012

30 days project: day 22

day 22: cartwheeling

Today I went outside, it is a nice day I was comfortable in a sweatshirt. I stood outside for eight minutes and asked the people passing by to do cartwheels with me. I had a total of four participants but others stopped and considered my offer. I found males are much less likely to participate. On two occasions when a group approached that included both male and females the females would participate while the males stood back. I also taught someone how to do a cartwheel today!
You can also view my videos on Vimeo.
I feel somewhat refreshed that today was absolutely not about the product it was about the act and the interaction. The only people who will understand the full extent of this piece were those that were there and participated or even those who watched from the side.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you stood in "ready-set" position before you started. When cheerleading meets art.

    ReplyDelete