Tuesday, November 27, 2012

30 days project: day 23

day 23: have HOPE in a hula hoop

Today, Tuesday every Tuesday is the busiest day of my week. Tuesday's get me all stressed out and when I started this project twenty three days ago, Tuesdays were my worst enemy and I guess they still are. I only have a few hours in the morning to complete my project. And when things don't work out because usually they won't I become quite a mess. Today, in the midst of cleaning up the CNC with all the pieces that I had spent hours cutting and had no time to put together. My professor Rebecca walked in and asked what I was going to do with the pieces. Well I have a plan but I have no time and I expressed my frustration. She told me to make a video, to set a time frame, to make something at work. I had all the excuses in the world. But something clicked and I learned a valuable lesson today. No matter how stressed you are the ideas are still there in your head they have not gone anywhere just take a moment to listen to them. Some people say stress makes a person more creative well I think that is crazy. I am always creative and Tuesday stress does not make creating an easy thing for me. But I worked through it and well here it is! Thank you to everyone who encouraged me today, I guess we all need a little boost sometimes.
                           
I hula hooped for approximately eight minutes. I would have gone longer but the camera ran out of space. What is interesting about the hula hoop is that you do the same movement over and over and over again. But then something happens and you have to change your movement to compensate for the alteration. I love hula hooping I plan on getting one of my own soon. Maybe I will even get two and see if I can get others to hula hoop with me.
This is what I was busy with this morning on the CNC, more to come tomorrow!
Tonight was also my last night of my first year seminar class with Ann Hamilton and Michael MercilI am sad it is all coming to a close so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment