Wednesday, November 28, 2012

30 days project: day 24

day 24: movement and the wall

After what felt like a failure with one of my first projects this semester I decided something needed to change and I began this 30 days of art. When I arrived to graduate school I had so many ideas floating around in my head but where to start? What was really the most important? I decided to focus my  interest in what the wall had to offer me as a canvas of sorts. I created these pieces while I learned new techniques on the CNC and in mold making. But after it was all over there was something missing something that had been missing from the very beginning. I will admit it was a time of transition and I had to start somewhere but when I looked at my finished project I could not help but feel disappointed. Not in my lack of effort or even in the beauty of the piece but that it was not speaking to me in the way I had envisioned. So here it is day 24 and I am trying it again. Bringing the wall back.
Today I went on a field trip with my class to the Orton Hall the oldest building on campus. Orton Hall has a deep ceramics history and today it houses the geology museum.
Lots of minerals and rocks, the original ceramics building behind Orton Hall and our wonderful guide Dale! 


No comments:

Post a Comment