|Early Morning Goat Cheese Making.|
|Compressing the Cheese.|
|Cheese as Fresh as it gets.|
Simple Soft Cheese Making
1/2 Gallon Farm Fresh Whole Milk
1/2 tsp. Citric acid
Colander / Strainer / Compress
Stainless Steel Pot
1. Heat 1/2 gallon milk to 180 degrees, stir and check temperature frequently while milk is heating.
2. Milk will bubble up but should NOT boil, remove from heat add 1 tsp. citric acid and it should start curdling, continue to stir.
3. Lay cheese cloth over strainer placed in the sink, slowly pour milk
4. Wrap cheese cloth and drain out liquid
5. Open cheese add 1-3 tsp salt, to taste
6. Drain again press into the bowl with heavy objects (plates, etc.) Leave to compress in sink for 5 minutes and then transfer to the fridge for about 3 hours, enjoy!
|Bubble Tea with my Glass Straw and Carrying Case.|
|Dinner: Beet Risotto Topped with Homemade Goat Cheese.|