Sunday, November 10, 2013

30 Days Project Part II: Day 10: cheese making & bubble tea

Wondering what this project is all about? Check out my first post for Day 1 to get the back story.
Grapefruit for Breakfast. I love grapefruit I have since I was
a child. My mom used to cut and prepare them for me, oh
how I miss those days. Maybe I can make a bowl just for
grapefruit. It always bothered me that I had no place to put
the second half. I would like to make a double bowl that
could hold both sides at the same time.
Morning Routine.
Early Morning Goat Cheese Making.
Straining cheese. 

Compressing the Cheese.
Cheese as Fresh as it gets.
Cheese Making: on my list of things to make strainer, compress, vessel to catch any remaining liquid while it rests in the fridge. Are you wondering how do I make all this yummy cheese?? My friend Boryana taught me how to make homemade yogurt and cheese, my adjusted recipe below.

Simple Soft Cheese Making

1/2 Gallon Farm Fresh Whole Milk
1/2 tsp. Citric acid
Salt
Cheese Cloth
Colander / Strainer / Compress 
Thermometer 
Stainless Steel Pot

1. Heat 1/2 gallon milk to 180 degrees, stir and check temperature frequently while milk is heating. 
2. Milk will bubble up but should NOT boil, remove from heat add 1 tsp. citric acid and it should start curdling, continue to stir.
3. Lay cheese cloth over strainer placed in the sink,  slowly pour milk
4. Wrap cheese cloth and drain out liquid
5. Open cheese add 1-3 tsp salt, to taste
6. Drain again press into the bowl with heavy objects (plates, etc.) Leave to compress in sink for 5 minutes and then transfer to the fridge for about 3 hours, enjoy!
Leftover Lunch.
Bubble Tea with my Glass Straw and Carrying Case. 
Dinner: Beet Risotto Topped with Homemade Goat Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment