Tuesday, November 19, 2013

30 Days Project Part II: Day 19: FIRST restaurant visit to Northstar Cafe & Jeni's Ice Cream

Wondering what this project is all about? Check out my first post for Day 1 to get the back story.
Day 19 and it is hard to believe it was my first dining out experience. It involved a little field trip to Northstar Cafe in Columbus, OH and lots of cups! Keep scrolling down for details on today adventure.
Morning Routine.
Breakfast Smoothie, and a really nice box!
Frozen Leftover Lunch (Beet Risotto) but it was still
delicious paired with some blackberries.
My first time presenting the dish set at a restaurant and making the request
to serve my food on it. The employees were excited and accepted my dishes
but later the manager approached me and told me the kitchen did not feel
comfortable preparing the meal on my plate so they would plate my
meal outside the kitchen.
Beechwold Salad with roasted chicken, dates, avocado, 
legumes, onions, goat cheese and almonds with 
champagne vinaigrette 
To drink a Shooting Star juice with oranges, carrots, ginger, lemon 
Eating was fun and enjoyable, what a treat to not have to prepared the meal
myself. Maybe I should go out to eat more often!
Clean up….I had put it in the back of my mind but after I finished eating
the reality of it set right in. So I visited the ladies restroom only to find
the worlds smallest sink that would not even stay on because it was
motion censored. And I guess the cup and the plate were not creating enough
 motion to active it. hmm… I might need to think about this some more.
They did get washed but not properly, maybe I should say they got a really
good rinse.
I might be biased, but I love Jeni's Ice Cream. I really love it. I x100 love it. I love it more then you do.
What would a trip to Northstar be without a trip to
Jeni's Ice Cream..
Dark Chocolate and Cloverton Jeni's Ice Cream
make with milk from Snowville Creamery.
Thank you Jeni's Ice Cream for serving me in my bowl!
Class picture with all of our handmade cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment