Wednesday, November 13, 2013

30 Days Project Part II: Day 13: the day I cheated

Wondering what this project is all about? Check out my first post for Day 1 to get the back story.

The day I cheated…

You must be wondering why would I cheat? Well how do I explain myself... Charlie Cummings Gallery has a great cup show going on right now Cup: The Intimate Object IX I really enjoy looking through the pages and pages of cups. I use it as a resource in my class and I encourage my students to purchase a handmade cup for themselves. I had been admiring this cup by Lindsay Scypta for some time and I finally decided it was time to buy it. When I got home this evening I checked the front porch and the box was waiting. I opened it as fast as I could and filled it with apple cider. I was conscience of my choice to cheat but I wanted to. This was a beautiful handmade cup and it was calling me to use it. To be honest, Lindsay's cup is far better then mine in its functional use. It has a comfortable handle, its light weight, and it rests well on the table. These feelings of my cups inadequacy will lead me to improve the design and function of my own cup, something that I knew needed to happen. Thank you Lindsay for making such a great cup that has made its way into my cabinet, I am looking forward to the next time I use it!

I am honored to be apart of the show as well, I still have a few pieces available and the beautiful cup set below still needs a home.
Jeni Hansen Gard 2013

Todays Eats...

Morning Routine.
Grapefruit Breakfast.
Sandwich and Sunchokes Lunch.
Early Dinner: Farmers Market Soup.




Sometimes you need a little
Chocolate.
I  cheated and for good reason!
It might be snowing outside but I still have lots of GREEN in the greenhouse, I sure am enjoying it!
Greenhouse Green: Harvest Salad Party Coming Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment