Thursday, November 21, 2013

30 Days Project Part II: Day 21: today I found out I am allergic to paint

Wondering what this project is all about? Check out my first post for Day 1 to get the back story.
Morning Routine.
Breakfast Snowville Creamery Yogurt with blackberries.

Lettuce lunch with cereal & rice milk. I spent the day preparing for my review thankfully that means harvesting and trying out some lettuce I grew in the greenhouse!
Nettle Leaf  herbal extract.
Nettle Tea.
My graduate review is tomorrow. Reviews are always stressful it doesn't matter how much work you made, how well prepared you are there is always something that throws you off balance. Last night I tried to start preparing the space I was installing my work. Things did not work out how I had planned. I wasn't able to start sanding and painting until this afternoon and at this point I have still not installed the shelves….. As I was painting the walls, I noticed my wrist began to start itching. I washed my hands and tried to get off all the paint that I had managed to get on my body and not the wall. After I finished I saw a rash that had formed under the paint and it started to spread. Not a single person that I could find had any benadryl, so I just kept working as I needed to finish painting. After I was finished, I realized I had a nettle leaf tincture and some nettle tea. I usually take the nettle for seasonal allergies but I assumed they could help for any kind of allergic reaction. I am not sure if the nettle was what did it but the rash is not itchy and it has gone down substantially. I managed to work the pottery sale our clay club is hosting this week and I am soon off to teach my class. All this said today has simply, not left me enough time to get everything done. So it might be a long night but thats ok, I am doing what I love and tomorrows review is going to be fantastic I can feel it!
Homemade Dinner (last night's kitchen work) Curried turnip soup with rice,
and mashed turnips with bacon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment